Friday, January 14, 2011

Beowulf has been the renown subject in English lately as we progress with the Anglo Saxon theme most likely in aid for the so lit exam. I personally thought it was a quaint little tail and was impresses by it, as well as SAMs unique accent portrail. Another large theme portraying around school is the battle of wits between classmates, this " epic " conflict has been taking place on none outher than the chess board. Such a gathering this had drawn it has even revived the chess x-block taking place one again in wills room. The matches have been interesting to say the least as a chess player. Myself mason and Stefan seem to be the higher ranking Players among the class, althogh I have made significant progress vs. Mason the score currently being 4-2 in my favor I seem to be having trouble against Stefan 1-1-1 being the recoded which is ironic as mason tends to do favorably well when pitched against Stefan.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, Sam's reading it made it much more entertaining! I do not necessarily love the story itself, but I can certainly appreciate the historical relevance of it being the first story ever to be written down in English. As far as chess goes, I need to face you. I will probably lose, but it will be good practice. Also, my grandma has a bunch of old books on chess strategy including a giant section on fancy names for different moves and positions. I will see if I can bring those in (or simply exploit my superior resources).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kyle, there has been quite an epic battle raging amongst you chess players. You might like the movie or book Searching for Bobby Fischer.

    Adam: I'd love to hear some of these fancy names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with that Sam's accent added greatly to the story, also, I should probably read on strategy seeing as how my record of wins & losses against you in the fearsome chess arena is a most depressing thought for me. Anyway, Stephanie's right, that is a great movie you should check out.

    ReplyDelete